Today we learnt about impermeable, permeable and semi-permeable surfaces found in water catchments. We discussed urban catchments and natural catchments.
Impermeable: When water can't soak in - Sophie D
Permeable: Water will soak in no matter whats - Zach
Semi-permeable: When water only soaks in partially - Prishanti
Here's a list of different surfaces and materials we found:
It is important to know about different surfaces in a catchment because...
- If you are an architect, you need to know what these surfaces are so you know what the best material to use - Jess
- It's very important for our environment. Depending on the weather it could flood, or we could be a drought, so we have to think about the surfaces - Sam
- If you buy a house and it has too many impermeable surfaces it will flood!

YAH! I've got the right amount of impermeable and permeable at my mum's house.
ReplyDeleteNO FLOODS!!!
LOOK AFTER THE ENVIROMENT!!!
From Ashleigh
Wow! More exciting words learnt. Thanks Miss Match for posting this on the blog.
ReplyDeleteThat way for people who might have a architect career, can keep this in mind for their future. Impermeable and permeable surfaces can affect our future fates so think first before you plan. Hopefully the weather won't make a too big of a difference to our planet. I know our citizens will make the right choice but if not, try to remind others.
Our vocab is increasing quickly this year, and it's only week seven.
I love vocabulary!
On the weekends I'll look around my house and figure if the materials are impermeable, semi-permeable or permeable.
Sam
I enjoyed our discussion about permeable and impermeable surfaces. Thank you for teaching me something new!
ReplyDelete