Friday, June 20, 2014

Maths challenges - Answers

This week, I sent home some maths challenges with the home learning, and goodness one of them was tricky!
Here is the problem and the answer.





If you want to know the truth, I sent it home knowing I also couldn't solve it - turns out, sometimes children are smarter than their teacher. As is this young mathematician to the right! Well done you!
The true reason I sent home such a tricky problem was to encourage children to get their families involved. Well done to all those children and families who worked together to come up with a solution.
We often talk about in Room 9 that to be a great mathematician, it's about know different ways to solve problems, being able to explain why, and also different layers of thinking. So, well done to those children this week who asked for help and showed persistence. Parents, I hope you also enjoyed the challenges.

Happy weekend - Miss Matich 








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete